January 10, 2013

Hi there!

(photo by Büsra Karatas)
First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Julia, and I live in a small town in Portugal with my partner, M, and three crazy cats. Every other week, G, M's son, comes to stay with us.

At the beginning of this new year, I decided to create a blog, in order to, first of all, organize my own thoughts, and then try always to see the positive side of things, even in the small details of everyday life.
Like almost everyone, I also love making new year's resolutions! Even unintentionally, I always end up doing them. 365 brand new days, full of possibilities, who can resist making a thousand plans.

So this year my resolutions are as follows in no particular order:

1. Create a blog done!

2. Travel more. We spend New Year's Eve in Lisbon, and it was quite amazing! I want to do more of these getaways throughout the year.

3. Cook more, especially desserts! Maybe I follow James's example and start making a Sunday's cake as well.

4. Organize our home. We are living in this house for almost 4 years (4 years, folks!) and things are still not as is should be.

5. Make small improvements at home, such as painting walls and a new kitchen, among other things.

6. Take more photos. Not only, to post here on the blog, but also because it is a great way to notice small details of everyday life. With this self-challenge, I hope to improve my photographic skills, and go back to use my film cameras, which are kept for too long on the shelf.

7. Grow our Etsy shop. Which leads us to the last point on this list.

8. Quit my day job! Ok, let's face it, this resolution is huge and takes this list to another level, but I really want this, and I will work for it. I promise.

I don't know if anyone will ever read this blog, but I want you to know that you are very welcome, and that your comments will also be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment